Are you looking forward to having the best online grammar checker tool? Being a writer, it is always essential to make reader-friendly, informative content. Making grammatical errors will create a bad impression on your readers. It is very important to proofread your content thoroughly so that sentence construction is perfect without any errors.
There are so many grammars checker tools that will help you to write error-free content, presentations, reports, social media posts, etc. If you are confused and don’t know which one is best as per your needs, then you are at the right place. Here I have the list of the Top 10 Best Online Grammar Checker Tools for 2021. So without further delay, let’s start with the article.
Grammarly is one of the most popular grammar checkers and favorite of several bloggers, writers, and editors. This app will help you to improve your writing through proper punctuation, better word choices, grammar, and punctuation.
This is a powerful integrating tool that will let you use it with WordPress, Google Docs, Gmail, and Microsoft Word. In fact, it is easily accessible as a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. One of the most significant advantages of Grammarly is that it comes with in-built plagiarism checking features too.
It will be easy for you to proofread your content and you can take the suggestions to make your document perfect and free from any kind of unwanted error.
- Tone Detector- Grammarly comes along with options that will let you analyze the word choice, phrasing, punctuation, and capitalization. It will let you know if your message sounds concerned, friendly, confident, or something else.
- Mobile Synonym- The best thing is that it will suggest more appropriate synonyms in real-time while you type anything on your smartphone or WordPress, etc.
- Free Version- Grammarly offers a capable free version that will help casual writers to correct all the basic grammar errors as well as spelling mistakes.
- This is pretty user-friendly, simple, and has a clean interface.
- It will let you fix sentence structure and contextual errors.
- Grammarly is available in several forms such as browser extension, keyboard for smartphones, a web-based app, desktop app, an add-on for Microsoft, and more.
- The premium version will come along with a plagiarism checker.
- It is available on iOS, Google Play, and Android. This will allow you to find the tone of the text.
Ginger is again a worth checking grammar checker tool that is capable of correcting all kinds of textual errors. This includes spelling mistakes, style, sentence structures, as well as punctuations. The app will let you write in on language and then translate it into another one. However, the free version is only limited to 350 characters.
This will give you access to the Ginger Writer app and there you can easily paste your content and check errors. You get a mobile application that will let you catch and then fix all the errors in text messages, emails, and social media posts. What I like about this is that it works pretty smoothly with MS Word.
- Customizable Interface- You will be able to change the toolbar display attributes. And that includes font style as well as a background color as per your choice.
- Multi-Language Support- With this, you will get translation support for around 40 languages, and hence, you can work with more flexibility.
- Auditory Feedback- The Text-To-Speech feature will let the students learn word pronunciation and its meaning efficiently.
- You will get the free version equipped with three different writing tools. Those are a thesaurus, an editing window with translation, and a dictionary.
- It will identify the errors in your emails as well as your documents. As a result, you will be able to improve your content.
- Premium version offers a “Personal Trainer” to help users improve their English. It evaluates your writing style to provide personalized practice sessions.
3. Hemingway Editor
The Hemingway Editor is quite a capable tool for writers who are looking to check their writing skills and improve them. It will give your document a clearer sentence formation and makes it pretty straightforward.
You will be able to create more reader-friendly content that will let your readers engage more.
- Passive Voice- This will discourage the use of passive voice, excessive use of adverbs, and complex phrases.
- Desktop Version- This is available for both Windows and Mac through which you will be able to validate the content even if offline.
- Readability Grade Levels- This has the automated readability index which will judge the text’s grade level and will make it reader-friendly.
- This has no word limit and that is great for book writers.
- It provides a distraction-free layout that is easy to use.
- Both the spelling and punctuation checker are amazing.
- The online version is available for free.
Linguix is a great AI-based writing tool that will give your recommendations just like a free Google Chrome extension. This grammar checker will have 3,000 AI-based corrections, 9 million typos, and 700+ advanced checks to check in their database.
Moreover, this tool will let you write with proper guidance and will help you in improving your writing style and tone over time.
- AI Editor- It will use top-notch AI technology in order to check spelling, grammar, as well as punctuation errors.
- Content Templates- For all the business account users, you can expect them to offer reusable content templates to replace the typing tasks.
- Grammar Checker Chrome Extension- This is totally free of cost but you can upgrade to the paid plan.
- Performance Reports- This will track your progress and will offer reports which will let you understand the aspects of your writing that should be fixed.
- This offers free chrome extensions.
- It has a white labeling program.
- You can create a custom integration for your business.
- It will let you share documents with your teamwork settings.
5. After The Deadline
After The Deadline is a great option that will help you to make your content free from errors. This free grammar checker tool will help you fix contextual errors, spelling errors, as well as sentence structure and formation efficiently.
- Flexible- This is a web-based app that you will be able to use on any platform without much hassle.
- WordPress Plugin- You can install the Deadline to check the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- Error Explanation- It explains the reason behind errors for better understanding.
- It will help you with advanced styling as well as contextual spelling checks.
- This is available for free of cost for personal use.
- Its spell checker is also available in French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Even after the deadline, it will detect all the misused words.
WhiteSmoke is one of the most affordable and a great option for grammar checking. The premium version will let you have a smooth integration with MS Office, Gmail, Windows, and Mac.
In fact, it will offer video tutorials as well as error explanations that will help you understand the reasons for corrections. It also offers a freemium plan, but it’s limited to only 250 characters. I think it is suitable only to check small text messages or social media posts.
- Tutorials- WhiteSmoke comes with video tutorials to help you understand grammar laws and work on your weaknesses.
- Pre-Built Templates- This has around 100 pre-built templates which you can use immediately to write documents in correct formats.
- Style Checker- This will provide suggestions to improve the content entirely based on the writing style.
- This is an automated translator service that will support more than 50 languages.
- It supports iOS as well as Android devices where you can review the correction suggestions right before you make any changes.
- This will support several browsers such as Firefox, Outlook, Opera, Chrome, etc.
7. ProWriting Aid
ProWriting Aid is such an amazing grammar checking tool that will help you in writing great content. If you love working in Grammarly, then you will love this tool. This is highly capable of identifying as well as correcting punctuation, spelling, grammar, and style issues that you might face while you write.
You will get 20 different writing reports that you can check one by one. It will let you execute editing without much hassle. And the great news is that you will have a separate report so as to check the sentence structures or any cliches in the content. All these suggestions will help you to write more engaging sentences.
- Cost-Efficient- This is pretty much affordable than the other premium tools.
- In-depth Writing Reports- It will offer you extensive reports that are solely based on your writing style to validate as well as gauge the quality of your writing.
- Detailed Analysis- It will let you get a detailed readability analysis. This will help you to write reader-friendly content.
- This has a lifetime subscription which is available for a price of $240 only.
- It provides several reports to help you in editing the content more nicely.
- The tool will highlight the replaced as well as repeated words that will make your writing more professional and precise.
- This comes with a WordExplorer feature that will help you to find the right words that you should place in a sentence.
8. Grammar Slammer
Grammar Slammer is a great tool for writers who want to use a simple document checker. This will help you to write error-free content. The tool will let you find grammatical and editing rules so as to write better and constructive sentences.
What more you can expect from this tool is that you get to see a wide range of linguistic detail that will help you improve your writing style. Since it is not a web-based app, you need to download or purchase the software.
- Spell Check- You can write correctly using the spell check feature.
- Word Integration- This has a very powerful integration with MS Word.
- One-Click Answers- You will get the detailed information regarding the mistakes you have made via a single click.
- Grammar Slammer is highly compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- This has a comprehensive reference to all the grammatical rules. It will help all the writers to know the basics of grammar.
- It provides seamless integration with MS Word and you can edit documents efficiently.
- You will see the user interface is simple and is easy to navigate as well.
- The plans available are reasonable and you can get them at one-time payment.
9. Language Tool
Language Tool is a great grammar checker for editors, writers, and proofreaders who are working in languages such as French, Russian, Spanish, Polish, and German. You will have a customizable dictionary.
Moreover, you get to see extensions for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It allows users to leverage the agility of keyboard shortcuts to check documents quickly. And if you opt for the paid version, it will give you more clarity and precision. For example, you will be able to detect as well as correct the wrong gender in your sentences.
- Personal Directory- You will be able to use the directory in order to find out personal words that you may not find out in the traditional dictionary.
- Capable Free Version- The free version of this software will have a limit of 20,000 characters for personal use and for the enterprise version, it is 40,000 characters.
- Keyboard Shortcut- It will provide you several keyboard shortcuts for faster working.
- It supports nearly 20 languages.
- LanguageTool will provide you an easy-to-navigate as well as a clean interface.
- The publishes and enterprises houses will leverage the developer API access so as to achieve the desired content quality level.
- This has a community of users who will assist you with any doubt.
- You will get a customizable personal dictionary. It will let you weed out unconventional words from the grammar and spell check that you can use more often.
Scribens will provide you with a user-friendly interface where writers will leverage to gauge their grammatical errors. This will offer a “Statistics” feature via which writers will evaluate the number of paragraphs, length of sentences, number of sentences, and words. It will automatically highlight the errors and will offer correct suggestions right after you enter the content into the software.
- Extensive Integration- This app will let you check your content on several platforms such as Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail, Gmail, forums, and blogs.
- Dictionary- Leverage the dictionary feature in order to search the meaning of words, definitions, and synonyms.
- Statistics- It will offer you detailed stats on your writing. And that includes sentences, word count, and paragraphs.
- You will be able to integrate it with MS Excel for Windows and Mac.
- The app provides an API that will let you integrate with any site within a few minutes. It will help you keep the quality of the content intact.
- It is available for free of cost with unlimited usage.
- You can opt for extensions on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Libre Office, Google Sheets, and OpenOffice.
Using grammar checkers, proofreading, and editing your content will no longer be a hassle. There are so many effective tools that will help you improve your writing style and tone. You need to check out all the tools and choose one as per your needs. There are several free as well as paid tools that will help you get error-free content in no time and with fewer efforts.
You can comment down below which one have you chose and how is your experience using the tool. All the Top 10 Best Online Grammar Checker Tools for 2021 are equally effective in enhancing your writing style.