News of the peacock tv on firestick being added was first teased by the Fire TV Twitter account with a joke meme from The Office. Peacock later confirmed the app’s launch on his Twitter page with another meme from The Office. This was amazing news for fans who watch TV series and movies!
Since the launch of NBCUniversal’s Peacock, users who want to watch content on the service using an Amazon Fire TV device have had to download an alternative solution. But these days the streaming app is finally available to download and you can get Peacock TVon Amazon Fire TV devices.
In addition to learning how to download peacock tv on firestick, in this article we explain how to update Peacock on Fire Stick as well. Set up automatic app updates so you don’t have to remember to check or turn off automatic updates and perform manual updates when they’re ready. These instructions apply to all models of Fire TV Stick and Amazon Fire Smart TVs.
Peacock TV On Firestick: How To Watch, Download, Or Update!
What is Peacock TV?
Owned by NBCUniversal, Peacock TV is a relatively new streaming service.
The platform launched in 2020 and features original content and next-day program deals on NBC. Peacock has also created a lot of legacy content.
Notably, Peacock has a long-term deal as the exclusive streaming house for The Office, which is why it left Netflix earlier this year. Peacock viewers also have exclusive access to sports, with the entire WWE Network and some exclusive content from this year’s Olympics.
Peacock offers three membership levels: Free, Premium, and Premium Plus. All three tiers include at least 7,500 hours of content, but the most expensive tiers give viewers access to full series of the network’s most popular shows and no ads at the most expensive tier.
Peacock is appearing on all devices thanks to the launch of Peacock’s Fire TV app, the streaming service which now has an app on every major device, from game consoles to smart TVs. With a more accessible app, Peacock will probably have an easier time attracting new users to the service despite being relatively new.
Can you watch Peacock TV on Fire Stick?
Peacock TV is now available to download following the typical process for downloading apps to Fire TV through the Appstore. So yes, people can watch Peacock TV on all Fire TV Stick devices. In the past, the recommended way to access Peacock was to use the procedure for downloading apps on your Fire TV.
How can I download Peacock TV on Fire Stick?
Peacock, the streaming platform from NBCUniversal has been available for Amazon Fire TV devices. Peacock TV customers can now download the new Peacock app on their Fire TV devices using the latest Fire TV Stick 4K to the Fire TV Stick Lite, all Fire TV devices which are compatible with the new app.
To download it, search for the Peacock TV app using the Amazon Fire search menu or directly from the app store.
- Select the button “Find” from the Fire TV menu >Search > and enter Peacock in the search bar. Alternatively, choose Find > App Store to search for the Peacock TV app.
- Open the search result and click on the Get button to download Peacock TV.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, hit the Play button to open it.
- You can also use the Menu Button (look for the three horizontal lines) to launch the Peacock TV app after installing it.
How can I update Peacock TV on Fire Stick?
Once you’ve downloaded peacock tv on firestick, you can choose to enable automatic updates or manually update the app on your Fire Stick.
Method 1: Enable automatic app updates for Peacock TV on Fire TV
- When you turn this setting on, it will also apply to all other apps on your Fire TV Stick.
- Select Settings (gear icon) on the far right of the menu, and then choose Apps.
- On the Apps page, select App Store.
- Select Automatic Updates to activate this feature. If you already have it enabled, About appears under Automatic Updates.
- To update downloaded apps on Fire Stick, please install a third-party app. Then turn on permission and ADB debugging for Apps from unknown sources by going to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options.
Method 2: Manually update Peacock TV on Fire TV
Perform a manual update if you prefer to monitor app updates.
- Head to Settings > Apps > App Store.
- Select Automatic Updates to change it from On to Off.
- Select the Apps in the menu bar to find the Peacock app when you want to check for an update. You can also find the app in Home > Recently used apps.
- Highlight the app, select the Menu Button (look for the three horizontal lines) on your Fire TV remote, and then click More Info.
- If an update is available, Update also appears in the list of options displayed on the screen when you press the Menu button on your remote.
- If the Peacock tv app is up to date, a Play icon will be shown If an update is ready, select Update to get the latest version of the app.
Frequently Asked Questions About Peacock TV:
What is PeacockTV?
Peacock is NBCUniversal’s ad-supported streaming service. It has a wide variety of movies, TV shows, news, premium channels, sports, original content and more. In addition to the free tier, there are two other options which offer more content and fewer ads, namely:
- Peacock Premium
- Peacock Premium Plus
How much is Peacock TV?
You can watch Peacock for free, though you’ll see ads and encounter some scheduling limitations. Paid tiers include Peacock Premium, which unlocks additional content, including live sports, while Premium Plus removes most of the advertising. Visit Peacock’s Choose a Plan page for up-to-date pricing information.
How do you get Peacock TV?
Peacock TV can be streamed and watched if you go to the website and simply click on Start Watching Now. Then you can create an account and subsequently select Start Watching.
If you want to upgrade to either Premium Peacock TV or Premium Plus for fewer ads and a higher amount of content, click your profile icon and click Upgrade to Premium.
What are some devices compatible with the Peacock TV app?
Amazon and NBCUniversal have signed an agreement that makes the Peacock TV app available on all Fire TV devices, including the 3rd generation 2021 Fire TV Stick.
The list of other devices compatible with the Peacock TV app includes:
- Fire TV Streaming Sticks (4K and Lite)
- Fire TV Smart TVs
- fire tablets
- Fire TV Cube
This integration is also compatible with Alexa control to open the Peacock application and play requested titles. The full menu of Peacock TV content is available with Alexa voice navigation.
How do I get Peacock on Roku?
To access Peacock on Roku, you’ll first need to create a Peacock account and then search for Peacock in the Roku channel store. When you find Peacock TV, select Add Channel, then access Peacock TV from your channel list where you can be prompted to sign in with your account credentials.
Peacock’s new Fire TV app isn’t yet fully integrated with Alexa. For now, you’ll only be able to launch the app with Alexa, rather than use it to navigate or play content. However, Peacock confirmed that full Alexa integration would be coming to the app at a later date.
In addition to Peacock, other NBCUniversal TV channels like Bravo and NBC Sports are also launching an app on Fire TV. This means that users will be able to watch all NBCUniversal content from their Fire TV devices.