If you use Snapchat, you are probably aware of the “best friends” feature – a publicly displayed list of the people you chat with most often. There is no way to turn this option off or to specify who creates the list. As a result, you may be concerned about showing the world who you are chatting with. These concerns are your business – whether you’re worried about the girl who isn’t your girlfriend showing up as your best friend, or you just want to keep your closest relationships private. In any case, there is no official setting to remove someone from your best friends list. However, there is a way around it. In this post, we will try to find out how you can get someone off your best friends list on Snapchat. Let’s get started.
How to Get Someone Off Your Best Friends List On Snapchat: All You Need to Know
How does Snapchat’s Best Friends feature work?
Your Snapchat best friends list is just one way to keep track of the people you chat with the most. It will appear at the top of your friends list, making those users more accessible when you send a new Snap. However, it will also be shown publicly on your profile.
How is the Best Friends list made?
You may have noticed that each user has a “Score” – a measure of the total number of Snaps sent and received since joining Snapchat. To this end, each conversation between you and each of your friends is assigned a similar score. The more you chat with a certain person, the higher your friendship value will be. To see who makes it onto your best friends list, Snapchat reviews these results and lists the friends you chat with most often, in order of their friendship rating.
What is the benefit of a Best Friends list?
You can use the “Best Friends” feature to quickly send snapshots to your closest friends. However, you may not want to share your best friends with people looking at your profile (or looking over your shoulder).
What are Snapchat’s Friends emojis?
Snapchat has added “Friend Emojis” to Best Friends List – Little icons that say different things about your Snapchat relationship. Here is what they mean:
- Gold star: appears next to someone if any of the snapshots have been played in the last 24 hours.
- Baby: appears next to new friends.
- Double pink heart: appears next to your best friend if you’ve also been the best friend for two months.
- Red heart: appears next to your best friend if you’ve also been the best friend for two weeks.
- Gold heart: appears next to your best friend if you are also the best friend (for less than two weeks).
- Smile: appears next to your best friends.
- Grin: appears next to someone when you are one of their best friends, but they don’t belong to you.
- Grin: Appears next to someone when you share the same # 1 best friend.
- Sunglasses: appear next to someone you share a best friend with.
- Fire: Appears next to someone when they click on “Snapstreak,” along with the number of consecutive days they tore themselves.
How to get someone off your best friends list on Snapchat?
On Snapchat, the friends you chat and snap with the most are shown as best friends. You can see your best friends in the middle of the Send To screen and under “My Friends” on your profile. The best friends are only displayed for you, so they are not visible to other people who do not happen to be your best friends. In total, you can have up to eight people in the best of friends. Every now and then the question arises, how can I delete my best friends on Snapchat?
Snapchat: how to delete best friends
If you want to become best friends with someone on Snapchat, you just have to add yourself as a friend and chat and snap as often as possible. But what do you do when you are no longer so friendly with the person and want to delete the person from the list?
So far, you can’t change your best friends manually on Snapchat. If you’d like to remove someone from your best friend list, just do the following:
- Stop typing / snapping with the person and write more with another person who will sooner or later take their place in the list.
- Delete the person from your friends list and then they will no longer be displayed under the Best Friends.
- Block the person. As a result of the block, the person can no longer access your profile or can no longer find you via search.