Due to restrictions imposed by Amazon, people may get annoyed by a lack of options when they are unable to watch their favorite TV shows or movies on the big screen when using a Fire Stick. Sometimes, their favorite apps (such as Peacock TV) are not available on the Amazon app store either. So here’s a quick guide on how to sideload Peacock on Amazon Fire TV.
Learn How To Sideload Peacock On Amazon Fire TV
Difference Between Sideloading Apps and Jailbreaking a Fire Stick:
The process for loading apps on Fire Stick is sometimes mistakenly labeled as jailbroken Fire Stick, but that is not correct because there is a big difference. In the test apps, the base operating system permissions remain intact and are not tampered with.
Jailbreaking involves tweaking the operating system directly ( unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom recovery). Basically, in sideloaded apps, the device OS remains in its stock state. But the terms (ie sideload or jailbreak) are used interchangeably for a Fire Stick in this niche, so don’t get confused.
Although not a particularly well-advertised feature, the Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick allow sideloading of Android apps. With a little effort, you can easily load apps on your Fire TV that aren’t available on the Amazon app store.
How Can I Get Peacock TV For Free?
You can do this using the desktop website or by downloading the app on your Android or iOS smartphone or streaming device.
- When you sign up for the website, you will be given the option to sign up with one of three tier subscriptions.
- To register for free, you will need to enter your email and create a password.
Here’s How To Sideload Peacock TV on Firestick:
In 2021, NBC finally launched its own streaming service through the Peacock app, however it seems that this app is not available on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. At the moment, NBC Universal and Amazon are in the middle of a dispute related to money, which is why Amazon’s streaming devices were left out. Fortunately for us, there is a way that you can still download and enjoy Peacock. You can install it as a third-party app, also known as a sideloader. It definitely takes a lot longer than downloading it from the official App Store, but interested users don’t have many options. If you want to stream a variety of movies and shows on your Firestick through Peacock, here’s a list of steps you have to follow:
- First things first, power up your Amazon Fire TV and head to the home screen of your Firestick.
- Next, head over to the Find button where the dropdown menu will appear.
- Tap on the Search button.
- Type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard and install it on your Fire TV by tapping on the app to be redirected to its download page.
- Click on the Download button to start for free.
- Next, go to the Settings page for your Amazon Fire TV, select the My Fire TV option.
- Next, click the Developer Options and click the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
- Next, select the On option and after waiting a while, you can go ahead and launch the Downloader app.
- If this is your first time using Downloader, simply click Allow and tap OK.
- This is the homepage of the Downloader app. Before we do anything, we need to get back to the Firestick home screen beforehand.
- On the home screen, go to the Settings page which is represented by the gear icon in the far right section of the screen.
- Scroll down to My Fire TV and tap on it.
- Select Developer Options.
- Tap on Install Unknown Apps and make sure the unloader is turned on.
- Now, we can go ahead and continue. Return back to the Downloader app.
- In the search bar, type the numbers 81035 which is a short link that will redirect you to a website where you can directly download the Peacock app.
- Alternatively, you can also select the latest version of the Peacock TV app by typing in the following URL https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/peacock-tv-llc/peacock-tv-android-tv/
- Download the app from this site and select the big download button.
- Wait a few minutes while the file is downloaded to your device.
- Once the APK file has been downloaded, the Downloader app will display the installation app screen for Peacock – this is where you tap on Install.
- Once this Install message is tapped, the app will be installed on your Amazon Fire TV.
- From here, you can go ahead and launch the app by tapping Open.
- The Peacock TV application will now be launched on your Amazon Fire TV.
- You have successfully installed Peacock TV on your Fire TV. From here you can Login or Register, depending on whether you already have an account or not. That being said, you have to restart your Firestick first before you can start watching movies or shows.
How To Get Peacock TV on Firestick outside the US:
Unlike its competition Netflix, Prime Videos, Disney+, etc, Peacock TV is NBC Universal’s new streaming service that offers FREE ad-supported content.
But it comes with two major problems. One, it’s not available outside the US, and second, like HBO Max, there’s no support for Amazon’s Fire TV devices.
As always, there is a solution where these tutorials will help you get Peacock TV on Firestick from anywhere in the world. All you have to do is download the Peacock Android APK and a VPN app on your Firestick. And make some smart changes to the settings. Let’s see how to do that by following our guide on how to set it up on your web, Android, or even iOS devices.
Signing up for Firestick is equally easy, but getting the app requires 5 to 6 steps.
Step 1. Enable “Applications from Unknown Sources”
- First things first, since you’re installing peacock outside of the official Amazon Appstore, you’ll need to enable the download from the Firestick settings.
- To do so, go to Settings, scroll down to “My Fire TV”, then select “Developer Options”. In this menu, turn on “ADB Debugging” and “Applications from Unknown Sources”. When you see the warning, just press “Activate”. You can always disable “Applications from Unknown Sources” after you have installed Peacock.
Step 2. Install Downloader App on Firestick
- Next, you need to download the Downloader app from the Amazon Appstore to install the Peacock app.
- You can install it by just pressing and holding the Mic button on the remote and asking Alexa to “Install Downloader App”or install it from the app store. If you are signed in with the same Amazon account on your phone or computer, you can tap this link to install this app on your Firestick directly.
Step 3. Download and install the Peacock app
- After that, proceed to open the Downloader app that we installed earlier from the home screen. To navigate, use the remote control and open the built-in browser by clicking the browser button on the left panel. To click on the URL bar at the top, use the DPad.
- The virtual keyboard would appear, enter the URL “https://www.apkmirror.com/”. Once the website loads, click on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
- Type the app name “Peacock TV”. and click on the magnifying lens now in the top left to search the website.
- Next, search for the Peacock app on apkmirror. You’ll find a few different versions of the app available, click on Peacock TV (Android TV).
- Once the download is complete, A pop-up window will appear. To install the app on your Firestick, Click the Install button.
- If you live in the US that’s enough for you. You can securely log in or create a new account and start enjoying your show. However, if you don’t live in the US and try to log in, you’ll see an error. To fix it, you need to install a VPN on your Firestick. Let’s see how in the guideline below.
Step 4. Download and install the VPN app
- On your Firestick if you don’t already have a VPN app, you can go back to step 3 to download an APK of your VPN of choice. Keep in mind that not all VPN apps are compatible with Firestick. You may get a weird layout.
- Open the Downloader app and type google.com in the browser’s address bar. Now in Google search type Smart DNS Proxy VPN APK, open, and download the APK from there. Follow the same process as step 3, wait for it to download and then install it.
Open the VPN app and go to the Settings page.
Make sure to enable the TCP protocol in the Settings of the VPN app. You can use TCP 80 because the Peacock TV app detects the VPN when it uses a UDP protocol.
Select a TCP protocol
To connect to a US server, turn on your VPN. Once the VPN is connected and working, click the Start button.
Step 5. Sign in to Peacock TV
- Now all that’s left to do is to open the Peacock TV app and sign in. If you don’t have an account, simply select or tap on the Sign Up button to start watching.
- It will ask you to create an account and ask you to enter an email address and set a password. Next, you may begin to enter the details and click Continue while keeping in mind that you need not enter credit card details to create an account.
- That’s it, now you can see the entire free catalog on your Firestick. Enjoy!
Step 6: If you get a login error
This was a quick rundown of the steps you need to take to sideload Peacock TV app on Firestick. It’s really simple and just takes a few extra steps to do it, however, you get an error message when signing in, it’s a good idea to clear the cache and force close the app.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Manage installed apps > find Peacock TV, and then clear data and force stop. This will ensure that your previous login attempt without VPN does not stick.
- After that, run the VPN again and open the Peacock TV app which should start working again.
The Peacock TV app is not officially available on the Amazon Appstore due to some differences between Amazon and NBCU. However, if they somehow find a way to resolve their issues, there is a chance that Peacock will be available through official sources. If this happens, you’d better uninstall this downloaded app and install the official app instead. This will make it easier for you to download the latest updates. For now, you can enjoy what Peacock TV has to offer and enjoy your favorite TV moments!