While streaming, some people see the dreadful words “ firestick home is currently unavailable “ and wonder why their firestick device says so. Without further ado, let’s talk about how you can fix this problem right away to take care of your happiness here with the best ways you can use your Fire TV again.
So, what are you waiting for? Fix your problem now and enjoy streaming your favorite shows!
Firestick Home Is Currently Unavailable: 5 Tips To Get Back To Streaming!
Amazon Fire TV devices are a common way to stream popular content on some of the major streaming platforms. Firestick is also highly affordable and able to stream content not only from Amazon Prime but also from Netflix, Hulu, and other platforms which makes it a perfect choice for everyone. Amongst these things, facing an issue like “ firestick home is currently unavailable ”disappoints users.
3 Reasons Why “Firestick Home Is Currently Unavailable” Appear:
There are 3 MAIN reasons why you may come across this message saying that “ firestick home is currently unavailable ”.
- If you have a poor/slow internet connection, then there is a 100% chance that you will have this problem. So make sure your internet is stable and good enough that you can enjoy Amazon on firestick.
- As you know, the total storage of a firestick TV device is 8GB and installing too many apps on your device can lead to this error. So, to avoid any storage issues or technical glitches, avoid having a lot of apps on your device.
- Thirdly, one of the reasons for why you are getting this message, over and over again, is because you are using a firestick TV for a long time with no interruptions. Sometimes using this for continuous hours causes it to overheat and then you face such issues.
Now that you’ve been made aware of the 3 popular reasons for why firestick home is currently unavailable, we can continue with OTHER reasons for why the issue persists:
5 Methods To Solve Firestick Home Is Currently Unavailable Message:
Number 1: Reconnect your wifi
The number one reason could be that your fire problem persists due to poor wifi connection. The following are the steps to easily reconnect your wifi:
- First of all, restart your router. Unplug the power adapter and plug it back into the power outlet. If you are using your mobile data, turn off the Wi-Fi hotspot and reconnect it.
- Now, identify the ‘settings’ tab among the other tabs at the top of the firetv home screen.
- With that, click ‘Network’ from the list of options.
- Choose your preferred network from the available options. If you didn’t find your network, select Search Again. While you’re at it, make sure you’ve kept your wifi router close to the screen.
- Now enter your wifi password using the on-screen keyboard and tap ‘connect’.
Number 2: Restart Fire OS
Sometimes this error can be fixed by simply restarting your fire tv device. This process helps clear all the storage on your device and also removes cache files. Here are the exact steps you can follow to reset your fire tv:
- On the remote simply press and hold the ‘select button’.
- Then press and hold the ‘play/pause’ button for about 5-10 seconds.
- See a message saying the words “Your pointer is turning off”
Number 3: Unregister your Amazon account
In case you are unable to fix your Amazon Fire TV issue with the above two methods, then it is time to unregister your Amazon account. Unsubscribing can help remove unnecessary content from your firestick, which could be the reason for this error message. To complete the process of unregistering, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Select the ‘settings’ from the firestick main menu and open it.
- Now go to ‘My account’.
- Then click on ‘Amazon Account’.
- After that, click on ‘unregister’.
- Once done, you will get a pop-up asking you to login or register.
Number 4: Reconnect your firestick or fire TV devices
Another method that might work for you is to reconnect your firestick or fire TV devices.
- Turn off your Fire TV and unplug your Amazon power adapter
- After that, unplug your device from the HDMI port
- Now unplug the MicroUSB power cable from the firestick
- Wait for a few minutes
- Directly plug in your home adapter and turn your device on again by connecting to the wifi network.
Number 5: Factory reset your device
Now that you’ve tried all the above options and still can’t fix the problem, here’s one more thing you can try: factory reset your device.
- Hold down the ‘home’ button until you can locate the ‘settings’ option.
- Now select ‘My Fire TV’ or ‘Device’ on the right side.
- After that, scroll down and tap on ‘reset to factory defaults’.
- With that, you will get a warning message, just click the ‘restart’ button.
- As soon as you do this, your device will start up again like it did for the first time.
- Now enjoy streaming after setting up the device again.
After experimenting with the 5 methods, if you still continue to need help then you now have the only option, which is to contact customer support and ask about the problem.
Please log in to your Amazon account and click ‘customer service’ to contact the Amazon customer service team.
Is it possible to fix the “firestick home is currently unavailable” error message without a remote?
No, using a remote control would make your job easier. All you have to do is simply follow the steps that we have mentioned above and your issue will be resolved.
Is there a difference between the Fire TV device and the Amazon Fire TV?
Yes, the main difference between the two is cost, storage, and features. Firestick TV is comparatively cheaper, slower and offers 1080p video quality. On the other hand, on Amazon Fire TV, you get 4k streaming and 2GB of RAM for a higher cost.
Can I use a VPN to use firestick TV?
If you want to keep your identity anonymous and protect your privacy online, using a VPN is recommended.
How long does Amazon Fire Stick last?
As far as we know, you can use Amazon firestick for about 2 years without any problem.